Mention okro stew anywhere in Ghana and chances are you’ll be offered a ball or two of banku to go with it. Banku and okro stew go together like Accra and traffic. Unlike Accra and traffic, though, this combination brings no frustration, only tasty enjoyment from the heart of Ghana.
- Okro – 10 pcs
- Garden Eggs – 3 pieces
- Tomatoes – 200g
- Onion – 1 medium
- Pepper – 1 tsp.
- Ginger Mix – 1 tsp.
- Oil – 3 ladles
- Smoke fish – 2 slices
- Wele – 4 small pieces
- Meat – 4 cubes
- Onga – 1⁄2 tablet
- Wash and cut the okro and garden eggs together.
- Steam meat and wele with seasoning for a few minutes.
- Put oil on the fire and cook onions for 2 minutes,
- Add chopped tomatoes with pepper and seasoning and leaving it to cook for 5 minutes.
- Put in the steamed meat, wele and smoked fish and cook for a few minutes.
- Mix in the okro and garden eggs and leave for 10 minutes but constantly stir to prevent burning.
- Serve when ready alongside banku