Sunday afternoons in Ghana are not complete without the savoury delights of pepper soup. Served with fufu, omo tuo or banku, this delicacy is enjoyed best in the company of family and friends as you dine, laugh, and share good times around the dinner table.
- Chicken – 2 thighs
- Tomatoes – 200g
- Onion – 1 medium
- Pepper – 1 tsp.
- Onga – 1⁄2 tablet
- Seasoning – 1 tsp.
- Salt – enough to taste
- Steam the chicken thighs with seasoning for about 10 minutes
- Add water and pour grinded or blended tomatoes onto the steamed chicken
- Blend onions and pepper together and pour onto the sauce
- Allow the soup to boil for 30 minutes, stirring along the way
- Pour into a bowl and enjoy with fufu, omo tuo or by itself