It’s always fun to try new things in the kitchen. This Thanksgiving season, have a go at this simple-to-follow roast turkey recipe. It doesn’t take much to get this bird crispy and ready for your dinner table. Let us walk you through it.
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons ground dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons rubbed dried sage
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 (15 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking tray with long sheets of aluminum foil that will be long enough to wrap over the turkey.
- Stir together the parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme, lemon pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Rub the herb mixture into the cavity of the turkey and then stuff with the celery, orange, onion, and carrot. Tie the bird’s legs together if desired and place the turkey into the roasting pan.
- Pour the chicken broth over the turkey, making sure to get some in the cavity. Bring the aluminum foil over the top of the turkey, and seal. Try to keep the foil from touching the skin of the turkey breast or legs.
- Bake the turkey in the preheated oven for 2 .5 to 3 hours until it’s no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear.
- Uncover the turkey, and continue baking until the skin turns golden brown, 30 minutes to 1 hour longer. Remove the turkey from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Your turkey is ready! Have some fun with it, host a laid-back feast with the family or close friends and share your Thanksgiving stories over your delicious creation. You can visit any Koala branch to purchase the ingredients to prepare your Thanksgiving turkey.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.