Weekday meals can get quite monotonous. There’s not much variety in your diet when you’re trying to beat traffic in the morning, get through lunch quickly to meet deadlines or too tired to make anything new when you get back home. This is why the weekends present the perfect opportunity to switch up your diet by trying something new.
This week we are bringing you three amazing meal options all the way from the Middle East to try out with your family this weekend. With our diverse selection, we’ve got something for everyone. You’ll be mixing up sweet and sour delicacies, shaking up a flavourful bowl of goodness and spicing up khebabs ready for the grill.
This is a classic Middle Eastern Salad that can be enjoyed as a side dish or all by itself. With its zesty taste, it’s a refreshing salad option that goes well with just about anything.
- 2 Loaves Pita Bread
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Sumac (Or Lemon Zest)
- Salt And Pepper
- 1 Heart Of Romaine Lettuce, Chopped
- 1 Cucumber
- 5 Tomatoes
- 5 Spring Onions
- 5 Radishes
- 1 Cup Fresh Parsley Leaves
Made with ground beef and an assortment of spices and peppers, this Lebanese delicacy is described variably as a meatball,meatloaf and a kebab. It is usually served with a salad or pita bread and is quite ideal for a summertime open grill.
- 1 1/2 Pounds Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Medium Onion, Grated
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Peppers
- ¼ Teaspoon Of Allspice (Or Red Pepper, Finely Chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, Or To Taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 6 Wooden Or Metal Skewers
- Sesame Seeds
Honey Glazed Chicken Khebab
This finger-licking khebab is quite easy to make and presents itself as a delicious barbecue option with a burst of flavours that are bound to be a hit with your guests.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 small onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
For more directions on how to make these delicious meals, you can download your very own Middle Eastern cookbook. You also get to try other middle eastern recipes you are bound to fall in love with. The great thing about them is that they come with many health benefits. Middle Eastern foods combine healthy fats and whole grains which do wonders for your body, so give yourself and your family a treat this weekend. Happy cooking!
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.